Beat1 and Beat1 Network Options
Bestmed Beat1 and Beat1 Network hospital options offer extensive in-hospital cover for life’s unexpected emergencies! They also offer cover for in-hospital costs such as ward and theatre fees, and specialists’ fees. Also included in these plans are comprehensive preventative care benefits and a Bestmed Tempo wellness programme to help you succeed in your wellbeing journey. All this at no additional cost!
Reasons to consider a Bestmed Beat1 Hospital Option
- Extensive in-hospital cover
- Extensive hospital network list
- No co-payments unless voluntary use of non-Designated Service Providers (non-DSPs)
- No thresholds
- Two claim payment runs every week
- Network option available at a reduced cost
- Comprehensive preventative care benefits at no additional cost:
- flu vaccines
- pneumonia vaccines
- three baby growth and development assessments per year of children 0-2 years
- back and neck preventative programme
- managed care programmes (Oncology, Diabetes, HIV)
- pap smear every 24 months for females aged 18 and above
- HPV vaccinations
- maternity programme, including antenatal consultations and 2D ultrasound scans
- female contraceptives
- mammogram benefits every two years for females over the age of 40
- You pay for a maximum of 3 children. Any additional children can join as beneficiaries of the Scheme at no additional cost.
- Child dependants under the age of 24 years and registered students up to the age of 26 years, in accordance with the Rules, are regarded as child dependants.
- Largest self-administered scheme in South Africa, ensuring that we can provide more benefits and comprehensive hospital care with fewer admin costs
With an extensive network of expert medical professionals and specialists, we provide you with access to quality hospital care no matter where you are.
Bestmed, voted the best medical aid in terms of customer satisfaction two years running (SA-csi).
What will it cost?
We offer superior medical cover starting from R1 570 for an individual member, and R4 112 for a family of four.