The Pace1 comprehensive option offers extensive in-hospital cover with savings for day-to-day needs! It also offers cover for ward and theatre fees, and specialists’ fees and offers preventative dentistry for those yearly check-ups. Also included in this plan are comprehensive preventative care benefits and a Bestmed Tempo wellness programme to help you succeed in your wellbeing journey. All this at no additional cost!
Reasons to consider a Bestmed Pace1 Option
- Extensive in- and out-of-hospital cover
- Savings account for day-to-day benefits starting from: Individual R9 672, Family of four R21 336 per year
- Once day-to-day benefit is depleted, claims can be paid from available vested savings
- No thresholds
- Two claim payment runs every week
- Comprehensive preventative care benefits at no additional cost:
- flu vaccines
- pneumonia vaccines
- travel vaccines
- paediatric immunisations
- three baby growth and development assessments per year of children 0-2 years
- female contraceptives
- back and neck preventative programme
- preventative density
- mammogram benefits every two years for females over the age of 40
- PSA screening for males 50 years and over once every 24 months
- HPV vaccinations
- pap smear every 24 months for females aged 18 and above
- managed care programmes (Oncology, Diabetes, HIV)
- maternity programme, including antenatal consultations, 2D ultrasound scans, supplements and a lactation consultation
- Basic and specialized dentistry
- Optometry benefits
- Supplementary services (e.g. physiotherapy)
- Cover for Non-CDL and Acute medicines
- Over-the-counter (OTC) medicine benefit includes sunscreen, vitamins and minerals with nappi codes on the Scheme formulary and is subject to available savings.
- You pay for a maximum of 3 children only. Any additional children can join as beneficiaries of the Scheme at no additional cost.
- Child dependants under the age of 24 years and registered students up to the age of 26 years, in accordance with the Rules, are regarded as child dependants therefore pay child dependant rates.
- Largest self-administered scheme in South Africa, ensuring that we can provide more benefits and comprehensive hospital care with fewer admin costs.
With an extensive network of expert medical professionals and specialists, we provide you with access to quality hospital care no matter where you are.
Bestmed, voted the best medical aid in terms of customer satisfaction two years running (SA-csi).
What will it cost?
This comprehensive option starts from R4 242 for an individual member, and R9 364 for a family of four.