Medical aid that’s best for your family
Bestmed Medical Scheme works very hard at making medical aid personally yours, by providing a range of affordable plans that suit your family’s medical needs and budget. We also believe in the importance of wellness, and our Tempo Wellness Programme, offered free of charge, helps you and your family thrive
Bestmed offers maternity benefits on all our benefit options (including our hospital plans). Based on the specific option you choose, your maternity benefits can include:
- 6 – 9 Antenatal consultations with your gynaecologist, GP, or midwife
- 2 x 2D ultrasound scans with your gynaecologist, GP, midwife, or radiologist
- On selective options: 9 months’ maternity supplements
- On selective options: 1 x post-natal consultation with your gynaecologist, GP, or midwife
These benefits are supported by our Maternity Care Programme, including access to a 24-hour professional medical advice line, weekly email updates, assistance with high-risk pregnancies and more.
A separate monitoring programme is tailored for high-risk pregnancies as well as access to a psychologist in the incredibly unfortunate event of a miscarriage.
Family wellness benefits
We offer preventative care benefits to the whole family, including an Immunisation programme, to ensure that children’s vaccinations are kept up to date. These vaccinations are payable from the preventative care benefits (no cost to you) and do not require members standing in a long line and subjected to mass exposure. The Immunisations programme includes newborns until the last year required for an 18-year old. Other Tempo Wellness Programme benefits include:
- Ages 0-2 years: 3 x Baby growth and development assessments per year
- Ages 3-12 years: 1 x Occupational therapist assessment per beneficiary per year
- Ages 13-17 years: 1 x Biokineticist assessment per beneficiary per year
- 1 x Dietitian family nutritional assessment per year
- Ages 18+: 3 x Dietitian consultations per member/dependant
- Ages 18+: 3 x Biokineticist consultations per member/dependant
Why choose Bestmed?
- Our members rated us best in the industry on value for money (SA-csi 2021 results)
- Bestmed ranked number one in the 2020 Ask Afrika Orange Index benchmark (Medical Aid Industry Category)
- We are self-administered, meaning more benefits & less administration costs for our members
- 16 000+ Providers in our countrywide healthcare network
- Single-digit increases over 4 consecutive years
- We have more than 200 000 lives under our care