Bestmed Gives You More
Quality healthcare is everyone’s right. Despite the ever-rising cost of medical aid, Bestmed offers affordable and trusted medical aid that speaks to who you are and what you want. We believe in making medical aid personally yours, by providing you with flexible medical aid options that cater to you and your whole family. With 12 medical aid plans to choose from, you can tailor your cover to suit your budget and medical needs. Our plans are enhanced with extensive benefits.
How we can help
Bestmed is a life-long healthcare partner that caters to you at every stage of your life. We offer medical aid plans with enhanced benefits for the whole family. These include:
- comprehensive and flexible hospital cover
- day-to-day savings for out-of-hospital expenses
- paediatric immunisations
- a maternity programme including six antenatal consultations and two 2D ultrasound scans
- female contraceptives
- HPV vaccinations
- a pap smear every 24 months for females aged 18 and above
- mammogram benefits every two years for females over the age of 40
- PSA screenings every two years for males of the age of 50
- substantial maternity benefits
- dental benefits
- oncology benefits
- optometry benefits
- Bestmed Managed Care Programmes (including Oncology Care, HIV/Aids Care, Dialysis Care, Alcohol and Substance Abuse Care)
an extensive network of expert medical professionals
In addition to our diverse benefits, every Bestmed member has access to our Tempo Wellness Programme which offers you and your family complimentary preventative care benefits designed to empower you to proactively manage your health, which, in turn, helps you manage the cost of your medical expenses.
Why choose us
- Largest self-administered scheme in South Africa, ensuring that we can provide more benefits and comprehensive hospital care with fewer admin costs
- No automatic self-payment gaps
- Two claim payment runs every week
- Members will only pay for the first 3 child dependents; rest are covered at no additional cost.
- Excellent preventative care benefits on all options
- Children qualify for child dependent rates up to the age of 24 and students up to the age of 26 years.
- No thresholds
- Free TEMPO wellness programme on all options
- No co-payments unless voluntary use of non-DSPs