Inclusive Medical Aid For You
Bestmed believes that quality healthcare is everyone’s right. For this reason, we do not preclude anyone from our medical cover as a result of a pre-existing condition or chronic illness. In fact, we provide an extensive range of disease management programmes for various chronic conditions. Our mandatory waiting periods for pre-existing conditions will be discussed with you by our friendly advisers.
How we can help
With over 12 medical aid plans to choose from, you are able to make an informed decision that caters to your healthcare needs. Our plans offer extensive disease management programmes that include:
- oncology Care Programme
- diabetes Care Programme
- HIV/Aids Care Programme
- a comprehensive Chronic Medicine List
Our programmes are designed with you in mind and provide:
- access to specialised doctors and pharmacy networks
- access to medical educators and dedicated clinical case-managers
- emergency after-hours support
- educative information on living with and managing your chronic condition
- individualised treatment plans
What will it cost
We offer superior medical cover starting from R1 570 for an individual member, and R4 112 for a family of four.
Why choose Bestmed?
- Largest self-administered scheme in South Africa, ensuring that we can provide more benefits and comprehensive hospital care with fewer admin costs
- No automatic self-payment gaps
- Two claim payment runs every week
- Members will only pay for the first 3 child dependents; rest are covered at no additional cost.
- Excellent preventative care benefits on all options
- Children qualify for child dependent rates up to the age of 24 and students up to the age of 26 years.
- No thresholds
- Free TEMPO wellness programme on all options
- No co-payments unless voluntary use of non-DSPs