1. How long have you been at Bestmed?
I have been with Bestmed for nine years and seven months now.
2. What encouraged you to join Bestmed?
I was ready for a new challenge. When I joined, Bestmed was in the process of establishing the Direct Sales department. I was one of the consultants that started with the department.
3. What is the best thing about your job?
I love interacting with people. It’s amazing how different people are and that really interests me. I enjoy building long lasting relationships with the Advisors that I work with because they become like family to me.
4. Give us a short bio about your career history.
I have been in Sales all my professional life. I started working at Vodacom in 2006 as a Contact Centre Consultant. I then moved to Telesure Investment Holding as a Financial Advisor. My then manager moved to Indwe Risk Services and offered me an opportunity as a permanent short-term Financial Advisor. I started with her at Indwe in 2008. I stayed there until I needed a new challenge and decided to join Bestmed in 2012 as a Direct Sales Consultant. Later, I applied for a position as a Business Consultant within business.
5. Do you have any special or hidden skills?
Problem solving in all aspects, whether work or personal. I’m always thinking of solutions. Oh, I’m a great counsellor too!
6. Tell us an interesting fact about yourself.
I love God with all my heart. I love my space, and I enjoy making people feel better.
7. What are your hobbies?
Reading, relaxing and trying new recipes.
8. What is something — a food or activity — that you tried reluctantly, and it turns out you like it?
I was never interested in exercising until I had a knee operation. I started loving how I felt after doing my exercises and I started looking forward to doing them. Despite the health benefits, I really love the mood boost that it gives.
9. What is part of your daily routine that you look forward to every day?
Talking to someone and encouraging them. So many people go through challenges and all they need is someone to talk to. I also love watching my favourite soapies.
10. What is your favourite motto?
“Before you give up, think about why you held on for so long.”- Unknown